In previous articles we have talked about some interesting facts about Sachin Tendulkar and MS Dhoni and our readers got a chance to know about little details about them that they might not have known previously. Now it is time to find out about some interesting facts about one of the greatest cricketers in modern Indian cricket and the current Team India Head Coach Rahul Dravid.
Without wasting any more time let’s get straight to the interesting facts and stories about the great Rahul Dravid and I am sure our readers would love to know more about The Wall of Indian Cricket.
1. Rahul Dravid went to St Joseph’s Boys High School and he did his graduation from the St Joseph’s College of Commerce and while he was pursuing his MBA, he got selected for the national team. So, already a good business mind.
2. Rahul Dravid was called “Jammy” because his father used to work in a jam factory. This is such an interesting fact that I am sure only a few people know about.
3. Rahul Dravid is multilingual meaning he can speak Marathi, Kannada , English and Hindi equally fluently. This helps when he meets different kinds of people during his interactions.
4. Rahul Dravid made his international debut as the replacement of Vinod Kambli in a match against Sri Lanka in 1996 and he only managed to score 3 runs in his debut Match. From there on he never looked back.
5. In the 1999 World Cup Rahul Dravid was the highest run getter with 461 runs in just 8 Matches at an average of 65.85 and people thought he would not be able to become a great ODI player. He was a jack of all trades.
6. Rahul Dravid signed up with county team Kent in 2000 and was their highest run scorer with 1221 runs in 16 matches averaging a great 55.50. This helped Rahul immensely whenever he traveled to England.
7. Rahul Dravid is the only Indian batter to hit Four consecutive test hundreds in Four consecutive test Innings. This is a stupendous achievement and shows what a genius Rahul Dravid was.
8. Rahul Dravid became the first player to score a century each against each of the 10 Test playing nations. This shows that the attack or the opposition did not matter to him and that he just loved scoring runs.
9. After Bangladesh knocked India out of the 2007 World Cup, Rahul Dravid went up to Tamim Iqbal and Mushfiqur Rahim and gifted them two bats from his side even after getting knocked out by then. This shows such a humble person he was that he kept rivalry in the field only.
10. Rahul Dravid has played a T20I international match for India as well. It was at Old Trafford in Manchester and he scored 31 runs from 21 balls. Just wish he could have played more T20IS for India but it was not to be.
Also Read | Best Rahul Dravid innings
11. In 2011, Rahul Dravid played 11 Matches for Scotland as a part of the National Cricket League and he was the highest run scorer for them with 600 runs in those 11 Matches.
12. Rahul Dravid has faced the most number of balls as a batter in the history of test cricket with 31,258 deliveries. This is shocking considering Sachin Tendulkar played 8 years of test cricket more than him.
13. The first winner of the Sir Garfield Sobers ICC Cricketer of the Year award in 2004 was Rahul Dravid and that award could not have had a better first recipient to start the Legacy with.
14. The wife of Rahul Dravid Vijeta Pendharkar is a surgeon by profession and they have two children who are called Samit and Anvay. It is nice seeing the families of these players and the sacrifices they have to make in order for these heroes to do what they do.